I was visiting with some friends the other day, and we were discussing jobs and just life in general. The subject of passions came up. In regards to the thing that takes up most of our time…. our occupations.
I will be honest here, when I was growing up I didn’t “dream” of working in the insurance industry. I know that is a shocker to you all! Honestly, I’m not sure what I did dream of being. That’s a little disturbing but there’s no time for a serious therapy session today!
Prior to this conversation, I have been thinking more about what I enjoy in life and what my passions are. I think this conversation was just another step in me getting a little further along on my journey. It made me think and it makes me desire that “passion” I previously mentioned. Currently mine is more on a hobby/outreach level, not my occupation.
I’m not quite sure what my passion is. Do you know what drives you or ignites the passion within you?
Perhaps some of you have known for years, and perhaps some of you have more than one. I think you are fortunate if you get to practice your passions in your occupation or your hobbies on a regular basis. I would think your life would feel more full-filled.
Usually it aides me to make a list or analyze things to determine things such as my passions. Below are a few of the things I’ve come to realize, especially since starting this blog.
- Practicing hospitality – it brings me joy
- Delving into the Word on a regular basis and joining others in the Word, it brings a layer of confidence, knowledge, and interest to my being.
- Spending time and caring for the elderly or even just someone in need, it makes me feel like I’m giving back and it’s what I am meant to be doing.
- Cooking – with my family or by myself – is a satisfying talent I’ve been blessed with.
- Limiting or removing negative and toxic situations and people from my life is sometimes needed.
- Sometimes one must be the leader, even if they don’t want to be, but if it brings forth a positive impact or result, stand tall and jump in!
- Practicing patience is something I will be doing for the rest of my earthly life. Once in awhile I will take a look back into my past & see how far I’ve come. So on those days when it seems my patience has ceased to exist, I look back, and remember tomorrow is a new day to begin again!
There are a few others, but the list would be too long. These are helping me to find my passions. I’m glad I was inspired by my conversation with friends. They helped me once again, and probably didn’t even know it.
So, what’s one passion you have in life? What’s something that gives you fullfillment?
Are you feeling somewhat scared at “jumping right in” to something new? Me too…..so you aren’t alone. (Praying usually aides me in finding a calm place. )
I look forward to your comments. You never know, YOU could be the inspiration to help someone else to ……
JUMP RIGHT IN!
I hope your find happiness, enjoyment, and passion in your daily life!
Thanks for allowing me to share my family, feelings, and faith once again!