I was asked this simple question this week by a lovely lady during our bible study. It’s a simple question, but I stumbled as I gave her an answer as I wasn’t expecting to be asked that. My answer was pretty simple, but after pondering it a few days, I come to find that my answer is so much more. So hence… a blog post!
You are probably wondering what “it” is, right? Well, you might recall from this post that I spoke of my faith and how I didn’t come to know Christ until early in my adult life. The lady that asked me the question, and pretty much everyone else in the room (as far as I know) was raised in a faith based home from birth. So she was asking me what it was like since I was not.
That’s the word I kept repeating.
Accepting Jesus as my Savior has brought me a great deal of peace, but so much more as well. I’ve listed a few below.
- That part of me I felt “missing” from a young age, it’s no longer there.
- My emotions are often heightened more now than before when worshiping and I understand what communion really means and it is more meaningful.
- I am less nervous when the subject of religion comes up in a discussion.
- I no longer feel lonely in my daily life.
- Although he was always with me in my life, he has recently aided me in healing some dark parts of it. I really do not believe I could have done that without coming to know HIM.
- Prayer is daily and often.
- When I see someone, I try to push past the “hardness” they might be presenting, and welcome them in, when before I may not have made that kind of effort.
- Everything seems easier to endure, even the extreme struggles, because I know, he will care for me and my family.
- His word has taught me how to be a better wife and mother, absolutely no doubt! (still a work in progress of course!)
- That although at times, I think a path is what I want and best for me, I soon come to realize I am incorrect. Because HE takes me somewhere else! (In particular, two of His choices for me, I have to say, have been the best ones of my entire life. Ones that I absolutely did not plan on!)
- That bringing a smile to someone else’s day, with or without their knowledge you aided in the event, is SO much more satisfying to my soul!
- I have learned that HIS love for me, is a GIFT. I did nothing to deserve it.
The last one, I truly did not comprehend or believe (per say), until this past year. There is so much more to learn and become, I now welcome God’s challenges and joyous journey’s into my life. For I know, I am not alone. Not only is HE with me, but many of HIS lovely people to aide me in this path HE has chosen.
I thank you for allowing me to express my love of Christ and for stopping by my “little blog”. May your day be filled with grace, peace, and mercy!