Ladies and Gentlemen,
On this Thanksgiving day of 2014 I wanted to thank those that participated in sharing their personal adoption stories, read the stories, shared the posts, commented on the posts, and supported me personally as we took this journey.
Taking this journey through other people’s adoption stories brought me back to our time with adopting PV. I find this to be a blessing. Sometimes in this crazy busy life we forget the precious moments that have been. Living in that moment, supporting others currently in adoption, and sharing these stories has truly been a blessing to me and my family.
Today, I’d like you to take a moment and share the link below one more time. It only takes a second and I’m not doing it to bring up my views or get my blog out there. The reason I ask is, that when November is over, which is National Adoption Month, there will still be the following.
- Children not looking for forever families, but waiting for them in foster care.
- Birth parents trying to make the decision of whether to parent their unborn child, choose adoption, or unfortunately abort a human life.
- 18 year old children finding themselves outgrowing foster care and never being adopted.
- Families struggling with fertility that want to parent.
- Families that are considering growing their family through foster care or adoption and need that final “something” in front of them to move forward.
- That new parent that knows that they can not handle parenting the child before them in the way they should and is unsure of how to move forward to change what’s not working in a manner that is kind and helpful to society.
- Adoptive parents that are perhaps struggling with the new transition and just need reassurance that there is light at the end of the tunnel and others have made it, so can they.